Cycle Safety Australia have detailed 3 Wahoo smart trainers for all users. Our partner offers a “Best Price in Australia” guarantee. So its worth checking out.
Wahoo KICKR V4 KICKR Pricing and Specs
The Wahoo KICKR V4 (2018) now delivers virtually silent operation and a larger and heavier flywheel for the exact inertia needed to recreate the feeling of riding outdoors. The KICKR V4 also keeps tabs on all your vital cycling metrics, including speed, distance, power, and (with the included RPM Cadence Sensor) cadence data. The latest Kickr updates include a larger, 16-pound flywheel and a more accommodating fit with disc-equipped bikes.
The KICKR comes pre-installed with an 11-speed cassette to simulate 11-28 gearing and included cadence sensor.
Cycle Safety Australia HINT: If you are using a 9 or 10 speed bike, you will need to buy a new 11-28 cassette. Also buy a new chain for more silent and clean operation.
The KICKR V4 features include:
- Virtually silent operation, so you can enjoy an ultra-quiet riding experience or jam to your tunes without external noise.
- Optimised flywheel, now larger and heavier to provide you with a more precise inertia needed to recreate that outdoor cycling feeling.
- Improved power accuracy (+/- 2%, improved from +/- 3%) to provide accurate power measurement and generate up to 2200W.
- Improved bicycle compatibility, with a design that allows for better clearance for disc brakes and flat-mount brakes, with 12×142 and 12×148 thru axle compatibility, in addition to standard 130/135mm quick release. An update to the main mast ensures clearance for flat mount and disk brake equipped bikes.
- Speed, distance, power and cadence measurement, with cadence only available when paired with a Wahoo RPM Cadence Sensor (included).
- Ride responsiveness that accurately and instantly replicates sprints, intervals and hill climbs up to a 20% incline when using the Wahoo Fitness app, Wahoo ELEMNT GPS bike computer or 3rd party software, providing you with a realistic and responsive indoor ride.
- Professional-grade durability, with a robust steel construction that stays in place and withstands years of heavy use.
- LED indicator lights for visual confirmation that your KICKR is powered, connected and transmitting
- Widest range of compatibility and connectivity available, with ANT+, ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth capabilities. As a result, you can connect to your phone, tablet, laptop, sports watch, heart rate monitor, bike sensors, or 3rd party training apps, including Zwift. When connected to your device, the KICKR V4 even automatically sets your resistance via your favourite app or software.
Wahoo Kickr Core Core Pricing and Specs
Less expensive than the Kickr but with the same quiet flywheel technology, the Kickr Core is the newest smart trainer in Wahoo’s lineup. With up to 1800 watts of resistance, the Core offers similar functionality and electromagnetic resistance to the Kickr in a more compact package, with a 12-pound flywheel compared to the Kickr’s 16 (a heavier flywheel usually feels more natural). The trainer has ANT+, ANT+ FE-C, and Bluetooth connectivity, and is designed to work with the Kickr Climb and Kickr Headwind, as well as third party apps like Zwift and Training Peaks. It can simulate slopes up to 16 percent, so you can use it to hone your climbing skills. And it accepts a wide range of bike types—like those with 130mm and 135mm quick releases and 12x142mm and 12x142mm thru-axles—and wheel sizes, from 24-inch up to 29ers, and everything in between.
Wahoo Kickr Snap Snap Pricing and Specs
Unlike Wahoo’s other Kickr trainers, the Snap isn’t direct-drive but is still a smart-trainer. Instead the bike’s rear wheel is pressed against a drum that turns the resistance unit. Wahoo claims this doesn’t hamper power-meter accuracy, and power readings should be within +/-3 percent (the direct-drive Kickr has +/- 2 percent accuracy). Other than that distinction, the Kickr Snap provides many of the same smart trainer features as its more expensive brethren. It has ANT+, ANT+ FE-C, and Bluetooth connectivity, works with third-party apps like Zwift and TrainerRoad, and can be used with the Kickr Climb and Kickr Headwind to make the experience more immersive. It doesn’t accommodate quite as many mountain bike wheel sizes (it can take a 700c road wheel up to a 29er mountain bike wheel), nor can it guarantee thru-axle compatibility without an adapter (available for an extra charge). The flywheel weight is 10.5 pounds, compared to the Core’s 12 pounds and the Kickr’s 16. The maximum grade the Snap can simulate is 12 percent, and the maximum power output is 1500 watts—still enough to accommodate the needs of most non-professional cyclists.
Wildfire Sports & Trek is Australia’s premier retailer of sporting equipment for outdoor adventurers and multi-sport athletes. They stock specialist and premium brands of fitness electronics, footwear, outdoor gear and nutritional products needed for your activities. Their range is growing daily with over 10,000 products currently available!
For the WAHOO range of Trainers, and Garmin range of Bike Computers, Wildfire offers the BEST prices in Australia, and FREE delivery. This is therefore my recommended first stop to look at the great range.